... Of gratitude, Birthdays and coming out

Posted by Tomi O on Thursday, July 31, 2014 with 19 comments
...From under the rock -_-

Disclaimer: This post is filled with pictures :) and the word "Amazing" will be overused 

I've been MIA on purpose. I NEEDED a break. The original plan was to to just go somewhere for a week (As my budget allowed) and just get away from everything without internet and just have fun, evaluate my life and come back to reality but... Nothing went as planned except the scheduled time I took off work.

I resumed today.
This is also going to be a random post, very random.

My Twin brother is around and was waiting for my vacation to come to Lagos and he did! Oh, I have a twin brother :) The Luke of my Lukina :)


Power twins :) 
My Birthday was on Saturday, 26th, I turned 24. (Mans are getting old x_x)

This was the morning of my Birthday, I bought the dress a while ago and locked it in a nylon (because I couldn't afford a stain on it) but during the wait, between when I bought it and my birthday I took out the dress and wore it, it fit me sooo well... Couldn't resist. In those times I must have stained it and on that morning I brought the dress out from its 'secured' place and there were stains on it, imagine the horror... contemplated not wearing it again... another horror, then another option was wash the stained part and wait for it to dry because I wasn't scheduled to go out till like 2 pm... I went with the wash option. Hung it in the centre of the room where the ceiling fan is supposed to be, don't ask how my hands reached there -_- Luke was just laughing his head off while I was at it. 

You guessed right, The dress didn't dry dry but nothing body heat couldn't fix ;) Don't lie you've done it before. 
My half dried dress 
By the time we finished taking pictures my lovely brother knew he would comment and say 

"You can't go out like this or go to a mans house like this, there will be no room for the holy spirit"    -________- 

I decided to change quickly and head out, I got to my friends place and apparently he had planned to take pictures of me, I had no clue. I would've brought a make-up purse or mentally prepared to be standing in front of the camera but He is an amazing photographer and good looking, it was very easy to smile back at him, I had no need to worry ;) Here are some of the images we got;





In my mind "Hope I don't look ridiculous in this pose" 



My Fav! 

Girls gotta make a funny face

I look like a minion

I promise you, I wasn't bored

Executive somebori!


Shying Thinz 


"Give me any pose"and this is the best I could come up with x_x 






Ps: I am still receiving birthday gifts ;)

For more reasons than one, This was my Best Birthday! And when Tomiwa asked me to say 24 things I am grateful for and I started cracking my head at about number 10, I realised I had categorised all the little blessings into ''Family" "Life" "Love" Then I realised that I needed to count them one after another, Its the little things that summed this up to be my best birthday :) and since its #ThankFulThursday! let me go ahead with it, 24 things I am grateful for in the last year although this is not exactly what i told him but at the end of the day, it sums up to this;

1. Family (Dad, mum, Sisters)
2. Luke
3. Following through with decisions made
4. The ones that left
5. Sope
6. Kovie
7. The Bible
8. Understanding of the word
9. Church community
10. Plans that didn't work out
11. Growth
12. Friends (Lamide, Tomiwa, Ayomiku, Sammy, Ibukun, Tinu, Adeoti, Esther)
13. Toyosi
14. Peace
15. Leading of the Holy Spirit
16. Personal Space
17. Gospel of Jesus
18. Privilege to be used by God
19. Deji
20. Love in my heart
21. Provision
22. Coffee -_-
23. Being able to write what people can relate with
24. YOU!!!!!

I am thinking of changing up a few things on this space so I can be more consistent. Yes, take this as my welcome back note :)

Speaking of Birthdays, Its Kovie's today! A truly Amazing woman, Gotta Love her :) God bless you darl :*


Now, life has pretty much gone back to what it used to be like except for a few changes which I am excited about and my heart is full, very grateful for the HUGE blessings disguised as ''little things"

Can you see the resemblance? 
From Luke and Lukina: Cheers to July and Lets have an A-amazing August!

God Bless you!

What are you grateful for? Share with us

Have you come to an end of yourself? Have you come to a point where nothing else seems to be working out and you've tried all you could? Click to meet GRACE