The awkward moment when Jesus is not the Rock

Posted by Tomi O on Monday, July 07, 2014 with 1 comment
Hello There,

*Insert Tune* "The wise man built his house upon a rock x 2 The rain will come and the storm will come the house will never fall. The foolish man built his house upon a sand x2 The rain will come and the storm will come the house will never stand"

I remember singing that in sunday school

I also remember once on Twitter I said "Jesus is the rock" Using Matt 7:24-27 This verse of scripture in the context of "Are you on a solid foundation" The statement "Jesus is the rock" in itself is not wrong in anyway but in context? It is.

Makes me wonder how many more scriptures we've taken out of context. Back to Matt 7:24-27 Jesus is not the rock the foundation is built on. For some reason we fail to see the preceding verse 

V24 "Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:"

The verse of scripture clearly say it, I know I have quoted out of context for a long time. Its about time to repent bah?


You're the on-the-rock builder, not because you're hearing about Jesus but because you're doing what you're hearing. On the other hand the on-the-sand builder is also hearing about Jesus but in not doing anything about it. 

So, this is clearly NOT Jesus-is-my-foundation-when-the-wind-blows-I-stand paradigm we've held for a long time, Its more like what am I doing with my hearing? 

Do something but don't just do anything, do what the word says you should do. 
Hello Builder,
Where have you been building? On the rock or on the sand? 
If on the sand like me better to demolish yourself and rent an hotel while the new on-the-rock foundation is constructed than for the storm to meet you in your on-the-sand mansion and leave you homeless.

Think about it :) 

Have you come to an end of yourself? Have you come to a point where nothing else seems to be working out and you've tried all you could? Click to meet GRACE
Categories: ,