No shades of grey

Posted by Tomi O on Monday, August 25, 2014 with 8 comments

As a church community we read the new testament in 35 days as a challenge. Among many other things I was learning in Church what stood out for me was that there was no second guessing with God.


His way is clear.
His word is true.
and He is not an author of confusion.


Someone wrote recently on twitter ¨It is quite surprising that two Christians from one source (Jesus) argue over one Bible, due to different doctrines *sigh*” - @Ifeolunu



One of the things that became clear to me after this challenge, I sure had no desire to sit and ‘argue’ theology as I used to nor did I have any desire to idly talk about what someone thought about what this or that passage of scripture meant.


Like I mentioned earlier, the Word of God is clear! Black and white and in the words of Frank donga ¨No dilly dallying or meri go randing¨ Its on point.
Anything that is hidden, is hidden. What's revealed is revealed.


We often insert our shades of grey and taking words of context like the awkward moment when you realise that Jesus is not the rock when you put Matt 7:24-27 in context.


Shades of grey are man-made - whether one or 50 -_- *Pun Intended*


'Black and white' is God-made
He is not the author of confusion.
Read your Bible in context.


One of the best things that happened in my walk with God this year was reading the new testament from Matthew to Revelation chronologically


It was simply amazing, one that I will do again, again and again. I want to challenge you to prayerfully drop your Biblical ‘Shades of grey’ (If you are reading that book, really drop it) and pick Gods Word.


If you want the plan I used to be on track for 35 days and also want some level of accountability, kindly let me know and I will Email it to you.


Have a great week ahead!

Have you come to an end of yourself? Have you come to a point where nothing else seems to be working out and you've tried all you could? Click to meet GRACE