Do you Know who your father is?

Posted by Tomi O on Tuesday, December 03, 2013 with 2 comments
"I can't understand God by feelings. I understand God by what the word says about him. He is everything the word says he is" ~ 

Hello Everyone!

How are you doing this week? Today I am talking about our heavenly father.  
I went through a time that I was aware of the fact that I didn't know who God was and really I know its a point we get to in our walk with him. 

Alot of us want to get to know God through experience (And we can learn somethings through different experiences in life) but the number 1 way to know God is through his word. We listen and digest people tell us about who God is to them and we are lazy to get into the word to let God reveal himself to us personally.


[source]


I am going to highlight a few ways that God has made himself real to me;

God is the word

"In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God" John 1:1 

God is Love

"He who does not love has not become acquainted with God [does not and never did know Him], for God is love." 1 John 4:8

God Is The Almighty 

 I wrote once about how I asked God one day "Who are you?" and the next day a friend sent me the Bible verse Amos 4:13 For, lo, he that formeth the mountains, and createth the wind, and declareth unto man what is his thought, that maketh the morning darkness, and treadeth upon the high places of the earth, The Lord, The God of hosts, is his name.
going through different translations and one says;
 "This is his name: the Lord God Almighty!" another says "His name is YahwehLord God All-Powerful"

In the Old testament, they knew a different side of God and Jesus came to reveal the Loving side of God. Thats why He so loved us that he gave his only son [John 3:16] 

Now, In light of that Love, God wants to have a relationship with us. At a time I always thought when something was going wrong God was somehow punishing me for a sin I had committed, But I got in the word and saw what the new covenant says 

"... Their sins and Iniquities I will remember no more" [Hebrews 8:12] and all he wants to do is take care of his children [Matt 6:31-33

Are you in this walk with God and ever felt like you need to know him more? Get in the Bible - Its filled with revelation knowledge of who he is - and when you get familiar with the father through his word and begin to walk in the light of who he is to you, your 'blue days' will be over because you will know you are not alone and you will feel safe and secure in his Love.

He also calls us in 1 Peter 5:7 to cast ALL of our cares on him because he cares for us. Lets abandon ourselves in his love, wake us everyday with the awareness that God loves us and not worry. 

Listen to this song; (Its a form of prayer) I surrender - Hillsong




Have you come to an end of yourself? Have you come to a point where nothing else seems to be working out and you've tried all you could? Click to meet GRACE