256: The Introduction

Posted by Tomi O on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 with 9 comments


Hello People,

How have you all been doing? In my last post I mentioned what I have been up too and what series is coming up next. As I've fallen in Love with doing series x_x 

What's 256 about?

 I've not written short stories in a while and I wanted to challenge myself. 256 is a series of unrelated short stories that just goes from the normal stuff I would write. When I sent my friend to do the art for me I told him "Something dark, different and ofcourse not me" and he came up with the art above and I loved it.

There will be 5 stories (so far) 

256: Akeldama
256: Wormwood
256: Sheol
256: Abaddon
256: Cumi

The Stories that i'm writing some are based on true life stories and some will be fiction, I leave it to you to decide which is which.

(Is it weird that I got all these Titles from the Bible? I think not :D) 
Can you see my chicken handwriting? x_x 

Its amazing that I have only finished "Cumi" but I started "Akeldama" before I even got the idea for Cumi *shrugs* You guessed right 'Cumi' Is coming up first.

Why "256"?

There is nothing special about the number a friend just told me a story and in the middle of the story he mentioned the number and it jumped at me. I told him I would use it to write. Nothing more, nothing less.

Purpose of 256?

When I got the idea, I just wanted it for the thrill but after finishing 'Cumi' I guess I just have to Trust God on however he wants to take the stories. I have not started most of them, so, just like you I am waiting to know the purpose for each of the stories. *shy smile* 

 How long will this run for? 
When I started planning it, I wanted it to run for Feb and then #DearGodLetters  (Which was absolutely Amazing) came up. I guess this will run from March- April and see how it goes.

I really do hope you enjoy it and pick up a lesson or 2 as you read!!

Thanks for dropping by.

'Cumi' will drop by Friday

I'm excited. Please say you are too :) 

Have you come to an end of yourself? Have you come to a point where nothing else seems to be working out and you've tried all you could? Click to meet GRACE