Thoughts From Within

Posted by Tomi O on Wednesday, June 20, 2012 with 12 comments
"When other people become your source of happiness, you begin to be unhappy"

"Never let your happiness depend on things, situations and people for as history tells us, things, situations and people do and will always change"

These quotes I read off twitter started my half-thoughts (as I would like to call 'em) because I'm still don't understand.

How exactly is the right way to be happy?

The way people open up their mouth and say this is What or what not to make one happy beats me.

As children all we just needed were toys, food, time to play and parents that would be there when they need more, to be happy right? Or what other worry do they have? School? Oh please..

When we grow older our parents became uncool, started going to church because your parents wanted us to go, school stress, friend wahala different reasons to be unhappy started showing up from nowhere right?

Disclaimer: This is me just generalising, ofcourse I'm aware there would be exceptions.

I know God is the ultimate giver of happiness, but truthfully how many of us understood this growing up? So what did we do? Found the happiness with someone or things we liked or stuffs we bought right?

Either ways the "someone" & "Something" factor was there right? Although the happiness was short-lived but it was there.

Someone always says this to me

"no one can make u happy. Real happiness is from within"

My own confusion here is, even if you get "within happiness" does someone or something not have something to do with it?

And what is this "happiness from within"? What exactly does it entail?

Is there a right way to be genuinely happy??