I Remember

Posted by Tomi O on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 with 20 comments

I remember your beautiful all white hair
I remember you selling in the house.
I remember you being a disciplinarian.
I remember you always reading your bible
I remember you ready to give the N5s I asked for.
I remember you being there for us.

I remember you being very quiet.
I remember you always ready to go to church.
I remember your selflessness.
I remember your kind heart.
Then I remember watching you lose your strength.
I remember that you couldn't go to the church again.
I remember they brought holy communion home to you.

I remember you calling me from miles away to come give you your glasses because you couldn't stand
I remember dressing your bed.
I remember how you would prefer to call my name other than anyone elses
I remember you fell really ill that moved from a walker to a wheel chair
I remember having to take your bath for you before I went to school.
I remember how I fed you.
Then you fell, fell off the wheel chair that day.


I remember they took you to the hospital shortly after.
I remember the day we were to go to the hospital to see you.
I remember falling ill in school for the first time.
I remember walking in to see my mum and her friends in the living room looking all gloomy
I remember my dad holding me and telling me "Tomi, things happen for a reason. Grandme is dead"
I remember that's like the first time I experienced real pain.
I remember showing strength.
I remember crying when no-one was looking.

I was 11 and I knew I wasn't going to see you again.
I understood death, for the first time.
I realised that I loved you in ways I couldn't express when you were around.
I still think about you and wonder what life would be like if you were still here.
I know you are resting in the bosom of the Lord.
Its been 11years you left us and you would forever remain in our heart!
We Love you Grandma!
Categories: