#ThankfulThursdays: My unsung Heros

Posted by Tomi O on Thursday, July 10, 2014 with 11 comments
Hello Everyone,

Its ThankfulThursday! Whoop. I'm going to do something rather different today. On a faithful day, I sat back and thought through the process of my life, what it had taken me to get to where I was today. There are people that their names are on the forefront that will readily spill out of my mouth when i'm asked... My Dad, My Mum, My sisters, Mosope, Debo... I also noticed at different points/phases there were people that although didn't know what they did at the time but were placed strategically at those times to help me move forward or be a catalyst of change for me and prepare me for who God wants me to be.

Today, I am thankful for my unsung Heroes.

1. Grandma - I called her ''Mama" I wrote about her here  She took care of my from when I was a baby (My mum was shuttling school and home) and she died when I was 11. She fell really ill that year and I was taking care of her, watching her use her walker, cleaning up after her, bathing for her, feeding her all before I carried my bags and went to school. Although some of those times I grumbled before I did it, but the time taught me things I couldn't learn in the four walls of a school. I learnt to be responsible and to love through the ''mess''. After she died, I don't think anyone understood why the small grandchild was crying at the loss of her grandmother, she is no more but the lessons remain! Sun re o! Marian Olayoonu Ayoka Olojede!


Burial Invitation
Deyosola:
I was always a tiny kid and going into my 2nd secondary school a "Spoilt Lagos Child" I got bullied, then I met Deyosola. She became my bestfriend with alot of drama and she also became the only one that had licence to 'bully' me, unlike me, she was alot bigger for our age and class and she stood up for me. Her bullying class involved her teaching me to wash myself, having a better  walking posture and standing up for myself; Safe to say, I got to mayflower a sharp mouthed "Can't touch this" girl.


 Tobiloba: Getting into the university without so much family support (I don't mean school fees). She would make time out, leave her school and come to check, console, Advice, support and bring her shoulder when i cried, It mean the world to me.
Bottom Right!

Joseph Ewumi: I had no clue about how the university system worked and no one sent me the memo. 100L I so did not do well. Chai! but.... one faithful day Joseph calls me and gives me a talk that changed me approach to my books - He didn't say anything magical or out of the ordinary - but it changed me. I read away my social life (The small I had) everyone always either saw me in the class or in the library. My 2+ GPA sky rocketed to a 4 in the next year. I learnt that I could do anything as long as I set my heart to it.

Madam Salt of The Salt Chronicles : I have not physically met her before but she came into my life at a time that I really needed guidance, She opened up to me and taught me and was there for me, although she might not know the extent to which the 'little' she did meant alot. In that period I was finding my feet in my walk with the Lord and she came as a perfect example I could look up to, I was also feeling lonely although with so much people around her facebook inbox was 'home' where I could go and pour out. It taught me to be that to someone else too and one huge lesson I also learnt from her is to take my eyes off me and reach out to the next person. I never forget!


I stole this beauriful pisure from her facebook x_x 

Kontagora Heroine: I don't know her name, She was the cleaner where I worked during NYSC. I see her everyday work her work with so much Joy just to send her kids to school. I saw her bring her kids to work during their holidays to help out. The seemingly little things we hold on to is a big deal to someone else and although the language barrier didn't let us communicate so well, with her I saw what real tears of Joy looked like. I also learnt that the universal languages are Love and a smile.


Today, I am taking time out to bless the Lord for their lives and the impact they made through their 'little things' Yes! Its in the little things.

Who are your unsung heroes? Think about it, pray for them, send a Thank you text, note, blog, email, phone call.. Whatever works, Just don't leave them unsung.


Have you come to an end of yourself? Have you come to a point where nothing else seems to be working out and you've tried all you could? Click to meet GRACE