What's PMS got to do with it?

Posted by Tomi O on Tuesday, July 01, 2014 with 6 comments
Disclaimer: There is the excessive use of the word ''Period" in this post. Every Pun is intended in the post. Enjoy!

Hello There!!

Its that time of the month!

Different people have their different names for this "Short" period in their month. I asked my bbm contacts last night and I got different names like Mr red, Red robots, Nkan osu, and Monica peters ( Don't ask) -__-

Now, this is not really about the names girls give their "Time of the month" but I want to emphasize more on the things that happen before and after.

Hello PMS (Pre menstrual syndrome) and if you don't understand that, Its the moodish thing women get into around the time of their period.

Men have the idea that its when the woman is on her periods that is the no-go-area time, however they do not know/understand that its the before that is the exact time to avoid. The symptoms differ with people while some people have a shorter PMSing time some others have for a longer period.

I told my sister last weekend that I needed a break from being a woman as I started noticing that I have only about one week ''break" as a normal human being without hormonal imbalance (Whatever that means) point is, my PMSing period has increased and it is not as pretty as it sounds.

Once upon a time, I noticed in these time(s) I become very irritable, cry alot more, get depressed and mood swings like a pendulum bob the whole nine, It really wasn't funny anymore. I know there are people that will say "Its normal" but I am not from here and it just doesn't sound normal in the kingdom I come from to be up and down depending on the time of the month. It also didn't sit well with me, so I did what was natural.

I went to drop it all at HIS feet and asked for help not to be swayed by every wave of emotions and feelings, and that I didn't like how ''That time of the month" defined my mood. He helped and I consciously decided to stick to it, I noticed the difference. I wasn't getting depressed or irritable and I DIDN'T CRY!! It became a breezy period.

I soon started to forget. I woke up moody and stayed there yesterday for the first time in a long time, reading the Bible and praying that usually got me up and running was a drab :( I managed a smile at least, but I knew it didn't reach my mind.

In the course of the day I was talking to my friend and he asked me "Why do I get the funny feeling that you are struggling with you?"  He was right but I also didn't know it was evident, I KNEW nothing was wrong with me but I was also battling not to slip and give into a full blown moody me. He reminded me of alot of truths and one hit home.

Had to frame it

"Feelings are temporary and fleeting. Never base any fundamental thing on them. Instead, make an anchor for your soul. Let it be your firm assurance"
The spirit reminded me that the "Pms-ing" was the reason I was all moody and recluse earlier in the day, it was a relief to know the root cause.

Yes! PMS is real, so is every other ''Feeling" and "emotion" that goes contrary to who you really are in Christ, It affects us but we have to make conscious effort to be rooted and grounded in the knowledge of who we are and constantly remind ourselves of that truth. Before we get rooted we have to know exactly who we are right?

I will leave you with a question he asked me

"Who are you?"

Have a wonderful July!!

Have you come to an end of yourself? Have you come to a point where nothing else seems to be working out and you've tried all you could? Click to meet GRACE