VIRGIN: to be or not to be?????

Posted by Tomi O on Monday, October 04, 2010 with 4 comments
Disclaimer: this post is not to judge anyone am just trying to voice out my mind…and am not gonna talk about myself and the use of the word ‘curse' doesn’t mean an actual curse its just a figure of speech…


I thought about writing this cuz I have friends that are virgins and I’ve heard their different stories at different times….

In this day and age that we are in, the people make it seem like being a virgin is a curse that’s what brought about my status update (click to read comments) on facebook on Friday cuz I wanted to know what my friends thought…and really I was shocked to think that majority of the people that commented were of the opinion that it is a blessing..(am not disputing the fact).

But contrary to what people say, they act differently cuz i’ve had friends who have lost good relationships just because they won’t introduce sex and recently I saw a tweet (click to c the tweet) by a GIRL (exschoolnerd) that said ‘if u r not ready to v sex dnt go into a r.shp’ so my question is why do people say and believe one thing and then act differently?? Oh ok! I v an answer ‘the devil’ so what should virgins do? Why can’t they have decent relationships?

Between there was someone that had the comment about being at a wedding and there was no virgin to call usher in the bride when the pastor called for one…in my opinion in that congregation am sure there was at LEAST a virgin but because this generation has made it look like a curse…so who is the virgin that wants to stand up ehen? I know you wouldn’t would you?

So this is my very own conclusion, virginity is a great blessing that attracts more blessing (just like someone put it) but this generation makes it feel like a curse so am gonna throw a challenge to us all,

Let us not conform to the world and temptation...
Lets be what we say and believe in, even behind closed doors…