The Seer: Redistribute II

Posted by Tomi O on Sunday, May 12, 2013 with 18 comments
Hello people,

I know, i should've written this for a long time. This is the second part of "Redistribute" and if you missed the first part read it here. Enjoy!


source


The 5000 capacity auditorium is located at the heart of the city, and every week was filled to the brim. Few kilometers around her are residential buildings, office spaces and some of the city's highest administrative offices.

The power of the holy spirit filled the atmosphere

"No man can do this except God be with him" was my first thought as I looked around when I walked in the auditorium.

That was over 5 hours ago.

The screams I expected to hear by now was of people from different works of life, backgrounds and tribes praising God in dance and music.

But I wasn't prepared for what I heard.



The cries.
Trembling voices,
The panics filled the dome of the auditorium.

The pushing and shoving at the entrance, for the ones fast enough to take flight, was brutal. The blood spill on the floor and the ones already staring at the heavily built guy hopelessly.

The screams increased at the entrance and it seemed like they were running back to what was chasing them in the first place. Coming behind the pushbacks, chaos and crowd of people at the entrance, Huge men with guns. Then it made sense - a little.

I stood there - numb, in the middle of the chaos. Couldn't move.

Trembling.
Heart racing.

Turned my head to look around and soak in the reality, the bright light that shone from the windows right ahead of me pulled my attention and the silhouette stood there motioning for me to make my way across the auditorium.

I tried to move, legs moved

"Can you start forming lines?" He barked at the crowd

"I said, start forming lines" obviously not satisfied with the non responsive crowd.

I looked in the direction of the voice, the determination and darkness pierced through and covered the distance between us.

Increased my pace, this time not peeling my contact with the silhouette at the window.

"Hey you, stop and join the line"

5 steps away from the window, heard the gun cork and took the last 5 steps in 2 long strides into the outstretched arms ready to lift me across the sliding window.

"Just run" the familiar voice shouted. Holding my hands, Bayo and I ran. We ran - for our dear lives. No gunshots.

Running down the street that the eastward pedestrian gate led into, there came the loud noise, that brought with it a force that pushed us off balance.

The greyish-black coal tar the road was wade out of didn't make landing knee first any milder than the situation.
Took a minute to raise my head and register what had just happened, Bola sat there by my side, dreading to accept what had just happened.

Watching the thick black smoke rise into the heavens, was more painful than I could imagine

"That could've been us" eyes still fixed on the rising dark smoke without a blink, felt the heat on my face and the trickle of tear rolled down just the right cheek

"Look at me" He cupped my face in his hands and looked me deep in the eyes before he continued

"I have to go back in there, I need to see how bad this is and what I can do to help"
"No! You can't, who made you the hero? Don't you understand that it looks like a lost battle already?"

At the time, I could notice the stares of the people gathering, "awww-ing" and gasping at the sight of the smoke.
"At least, let me know I tried" he replied
"Then I am going back with you"
"No, find your way home, Please"
"What if you don't come back?"
He sighed
"But I just strongly feel that I have to do this, like this is what I am called to do" he paused

"Ever had that feeling?" He asked
"No"
Then, he held me tight and pulled away almost immediately, kissed me slightly on the lips and just before he pulled away, he parts my trembling palms and places what feels like a neck piece in it.

Watched him run towards the direction of the smoke without looking back, Opened my palm and there was what he always wore around his neck with the pendant of the cross on my palms, that brought a faint smile to my face.

The pain I felt in my knee cap made standing up a staggering task, when I stood up, I noticed the "Event Manager" badge didn't survive the fall. Picked up the broken pieces and took the first step.

First step away from the most eventful day of my life.