The Seer: Redistribute

Posted by Tomi O on Friday, April 26, 2013 with 9 comments

The Tag read “Event Manager”, picked it up and wore it with pride.


Hi, My name is Chioma and this was the day my whole life changed, i’m not sure how i got the job, maybe because Bola is the Choir Director, I don’t know, what I do know is, I was excited when I got the call, who wouldn’t have been?


I was just asked to organise the Concert for the Largest church in the City. 

They all sat in a row in the brightly lit room that was my office, the excitement mixed with tension filled the atmosphere, that much you couldn't miss


“This is a big deal for us, and we can’t afford to mess anything up,this event will make us known in this city if we do it right, so lets do what we know how to do best”


That was 6 weeks ago, and here I was standing on the stage checking and double checking details, 

decorations, Check. 

Sound System, Check. 

Transportation, check. 

Sitting arrangement, check.

Lighting, Check. 

Back up power supply, Check. 

Running the rest of  her check list with Dola and everything was looking perfect, wait almost everything.




“How many men did we hire as regards Security?” I asked. Dola was pretty confident about this and that brought a sense of ease to my almost tensed spirit.


“ We hired 6, 2 stationed at the main Gate, 2 at the entrance, 1 for the stage and the last guy for the other smaller entrance


“Which of the smaller entrance?”


“Just the one closest to the stage, so unauthorized persons would not make their way there”


“Okay, fair enough, Please just go make sure every one is stationed and all is in order, would head to the Pastor’s office to give him progress report”


The approving smile and the concurrent nod I got from him as I gave him the progress report about whats’ been done, what was left and the estimated time for the event to commence, made me excited inside.


I walked out of the pastor's office into the embrace of his eyes , he looked really handsome in the suit he wore, His eyes, his right eyes that was permanently in a dim-like-half-wink made him all so unique and it was what I loved the most about his face, the perfection in his imperfection. I love every bit of it.


“Event Madame, how are things going? Whats left” he said

Mr, you shouldn’t be here, we start in a few minutes”


“Oh well, i needed an excuse to see you before we went up stage for the night”
I blushed

“Now you’ve seen my face, can I go back to work now?”


“I don’t like you in work mode jor, see you after and don’t be nice to me then o, I won’t agree”


Trying hard not to laugh - which i failed at 

“Yes Sir”


I watched him walk back into the auditorium and I knew I didn’t want to let go of him.


I wasn’t ready for the amount of people I saw when i walked into the church auditorium, the empty seats were almost filled up and it wasn’t even the scheduled start time. This is looking really good.


The corner of my eye registered a huge frame walking towards me and I looked his way just in time, he was one of the security guys 

“Please maam, Where is Bola? The choir coordinator?” He asked


Wondering what he wanted to do with the information “He must be somewhere in the auditorium preparing for the concert”


while I was talking to him, dola walked past us and came back as soon as he saw him walk away from me


“Something doesn’t seem right, it is that not one of the hired security” i asked


“No, he is not one of the ones we hired”


“Then who is he? He just asked to know where Bola is, go and check him out, please”


Just then I heard the loud panic and shouting from the auditorium.

we hurriedly made way towards the loud noise what I saw wasn’t what i expected....
Categories: ,