The Seer: Beyond the crowd Mentality

Posted by Tomi O on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 with 6 comments
google images

Sitting at the table while my mind took flight
This study looks smaller, trying to suck me in?
Every sense at alert
Even notice the ripple at the tail of the housefly that flew by



It spinned, it caught my eyes
Tiny shapes come together to make the world
Dots, trails, long paths
How did I see that far?
Looking closely, it comes alive
Dots trails, long paths leading to the crowd
Did you see that? He just snatched her bag.
I saw past the sellers sweats, she just wanted to make a living
Can you see the tear in the corner of her eye?



‘Ojota Ojota!! Wole pelu change e’ He screamed
‘Please, move along I no dey go’
How did I hear that far?
Did you see him count the money and curse?





Where is the law around here?
Oh look, siren bleering, rough driving
Please, make way.
To the recue, all in black
Accusing the accuser

Then I noticed
She laid there, in the middle of it all, sleeping.
How could the silence be so loud?
Silence so loud, it drew me  in.
Picked her and held her in my arms
She stretched and opened her eyes
Heard the silence a little louder

The chaos faded, the noise stopped
I felt peace.
I saw the peace
All in the eyes of this little child
My heart leaped and screamed
“Yet, Hope Abounds”
google Images


**********************************************************************
"The Seer" would be the new thing i would be working on, kinda, not like its a project or anything, but its probably going to be the closest thing to my heart ever on this blog. Its not fiction, not exactly but then its as real as it gets, well who cares if its real? I just hope you enjoy it, no matter how twisted it comes.

Categories: ,