#TruthSeries: Lost in Lust

Posted by Tomi O on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 with 12 comments
In the winter of 2009, I was travelling to visit a family friend of mine. I planned ahead and made sure I didn’t leave any stone unturned. I bought my ticket ahead of time and planned by bus route. My carry-on was lightly packed and literature for the journey was also set. I was pleased with how well I planned everything to suite me. I felt like a smart university student whose life is on course until I met her. 





We were going to board the same bus and we had the same destination however, she was disorganized. She hadn't even gotten her ticket, her luggage was all over the place swinging left and right and yet all I could think of was how to ask her out.

We got to the bus station and while I was waiting on the line, I saved her a spot at my front while she went to buy her ticket. As soon as it was my turn to board the bus, I was advised by the driver that there’s only one seat left. I was desperate to take the spot, but cupid had me and I decided to be a gentleman hoping that she’ll decide to give up the spot so that we can catch the next bus and seat by each other. She took the spot gladly and waved goodbye through the glass. 

I felt foolish!

After the bus left, I realised that my carry-on bag was in the bus. I felt foolish! 

I waited for the next bus which was in an hour and forty-five minutes. I couldn't wait on the line outside because it was freezing. By the time I got there, this new bus was full and ready to go. I felt foolish. My luggage left without me, and I’m already about four hours late. I felt really foolish. I had to wait another hour and a half for the same bus. I am not about five hours late. I felt outstandingly foolish.

The truth is that I was checking this girl out and thinking about the kind of lyrics I could use to woo her. The truth is that like any other guy without moral values, for that period of time, I was not thinking with my head and was in lust with girl. 

The journey of one hour and forty five minutes turned into five hours because I was lustful.

Lesson:










Written by Olasunkanmi. 

And if you don't know what #TruthSeries is all about read [here]