...For the Love of God and Re-kindled Fire

Posted by Tomi O on Friday, August 23, 2013 with 20 comments
Hello Everyone,

This post is basically what has been going on with me for a while now, i decided to write this here because... oh well, Just because.

I Love God, sometimes even more than i acknowledge. I have been in the dark for a while now, i started calling myself the "Blind Seer" as a form of consolation that was after i read in 

Isaiah 42:16-19

16 And I will bring the blind by a way [that] they knew not; I will lead them in paths [that] they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.
17 They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, Ye [are] our gods.
18 Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see.
19 Who [is] blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger [that] I sent? who [is] blind as [he that is] perfect, and blind as the LORD'S servant?

Yes, I consoled myself. Have you ever been in the dark and also not hearing anything from God? Its not a very good place to be.

I can even only come here and write this because he brought me out, thats how "faith-less" i was.

 
What kept me going? Gods love for me and in turn my love for him. I can't love him if he didn't love me first right?

Yes ke.

Now, I understand better. I am/still taking a major step in  my life right now and you can guess why i needed his leading and directions, but everytime i prayed or asked "Should i do this?" "Should i do that?" "is this the right way to go about this?"

*Crickets*

 *Silence*

I reached out to an older friend and poured out my heart to her and she was such an amazing person through it, talking me through it all and even giving me an open invitation to call and rant or shout at her if i have to, ofcourse i didn't do that(It never got that bad)

My insides were screaming for help and my outside was still, after i talked to her i felt a peace and she sent me 2 books that i have been reading (Uniquely woman - Audrey Joe- Ezigbo and True Confessions - Bola 'salt' Essien-Nelson) that has helped put everything into perspective.

Just yesterday morning, like one of the notable time i felt like God spoke to me in a while, HE asked me to go back to my Dec 2012 journal around the later days, I did later in the evening.

"Trust me" was clearly written as what God had told me at that time, he was saying it to me again.

I also found some shocking things i had written.  I discovered that i had become lukewarm, i mean with the things i wrote on there, i had clearly lost sight of ALOT of things(which i have no excuse for) and i didn't know how it happened.

Really, do we ever know? x_x

I then decided to have an honest-tell-it-all conversation with my maker and we settled it.

What did this experience teach me? To have faith in God. Cliche right? right, also my motive for having the faith now has also changed. I always had faith because "The preacher said so..." or because "I felt it was the right thing to do" But, not until Love drives you to have faith, you have not really experienced it.

Let Love drive you to have faith in God, Let his unending Love for YOU drive YOU to trust HIM.

Let that console you.


I made a decision last night, to always have Faith whether i "feel" like God is there with me or not, what will drive this faith of mine? My KNOWING that he Loves me, my KNOWING that he is always there for/with me. ALWAYS!! 

Isn't that just amazing?

Are you willing to join me to let Love drive your faith from being a FEEL-ER to a KNOW-ER?

know. know. know. know. KNOW.


P.S: Aunty Bola of the Salt chronicles, Her new book is coming out soon, and i have read it and TRUST ME/TRUST GOD Its one you should read, read about it here



Have you come to an end of yourself? Have you come to a point where nothing else seems to be working out and you've tried all you could? Click to meet GRACE