We are NOT the world

Posted by Tomi O on Thursday, August 01, 2013 with 7 comments
I'm not sorry Micheal Jackson

Crowd cheering, the roar of applause filled the theater, roses thrown my way. spotlight still on me, beaming with smile and basking in the moments that felt like a life time.
Soon, the curtains began to close. i had to leave, the show was over. 30 mins later, standing on the exact spot, no crowd, no spotlight.
The audible voice spoke from one of the empty seats
"Now, Who are you?"

*                                                   *                                                    *
The power holders are at their best, sitting in the quietness of the darkness, only my world wasn't so quiet. the light against my face from my device made so much noise between the @s and the #s i don't know which was louder, but then white bar became orange.
"Battery too low for radio use" then i saw "Now, who are you?" flashed before the screen. I blinked twice. Back to the quietness of the darkness, quietness of the question
"Now, Who are you?"

I could go on and on but you get my drift..

When the darkness gives way for the dawn.
when the day retires for the darkness to come alive.
when the applause dies down.
when the music fades.
when your battery dies.
when you see through the eye of the storm.
when the storm rages or doesn't rage.
can you honestly answer.
"who am i?" afterall.

We have let our professions, family, friends, problems, emotions,social media, fame, influence and what not define who we are.
whereas the uncreated creator has a contrary opinion.

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. Jer 1:5

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. John 15:16

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 1Peter 2:9

Now who you are? I don't know. Who you are not? I know. You are NOT the world or what the world tries to defines you to be.
Who are you? I don't know but i know who knows, didn't you you hear him say 
"before i formed thee i knew thee?" So, what are you waiting for?

Go ask the master planner.

Happy New August!!!!!!!!!!!


Categories: , , ,