Suffering bought Simplicity

Posted by Tomi O on Monday, August 12, 2013 with 9 comments
[source]


I could write something that is literally mind blowing,
i could use my pen to make you give a standing ovation,
I could use this medium to make you give me a round of applause.
But that would be making it about me, Its not about me.
It has never been about me.

Today, i'm going to be telling you about what brings me to my knees everytime i hear it.
or rather who.
Today, i will be simple.
Just like him.

I wrote a title over 6months ago, but i had no knowledge, the burning desire didn't leave, i wanted to pen down this simplicity.
The simplicity in this relationship.
I carved, searched to increase in knowledge.
but, it just wasn't good enough.
Everything i found couldn't measure up to the message.

Little did i know that, That exactly was the idea behind it.
That it should not be good enough in itself.

I pick up my pen to write, without an idea of what to put down, 2mins later look where we got?
Its him, not me.
Its all in his simplicity.
simplicity in the relationship.
But i've not gotten to the point have i?

Where was i? Yes, It was never enough was it?
The sleepless night buried inside Google, searching.
engrossed in the sounds of various "insights", Listening.
Eyes glued to the letters, reading.
Eyes closed to the world, praying.
Feeling inadequate, guilty.
working to make it enough, striving.

"Pause, wait, stop. Which ever just choose one" He said
I stopped on my tracks and looked back at who spoke.
There he was, bent forward with the huge log on his shoulder,
beaten, despised, blood dripping.
The grief and sorrow on his face was unmistakable,
still with a tenderness in his eyes said
"Then why did i do this?"

I felt ashamed but the power in the atmosphere brought me to my knees.
I wept. This time for Joy.
So, "what do i do now?"
"Rest in my finished works" He replied with a tender smile.



Have you come to an end of yourself? Have you come to a point where nothing else seems to be working out and you've tried all you could? Click to meet GRACE
Categories: ,