Day 16: someone in Not in my state or Country/ Are promises really made to be broken???

Posted by Tomi O on Thursday, October 21, 2010 with 2 comments
So in my quest of makin this challenge intersting to read am changin todays topic....
Really why now? I ask myself but on a second thought why not! Let us just deal with this and move on with our lives as better and changed people don't you think?
Am so sure everybody at one point or another has had a promise broken..well like i always do i speak for myself.
I've had everyone in my life make a promise to me at some point and still break it on my head..ouchh!
Really why do people break promises, well i think its just bcos they dont know the defination of the word promise so am gonna help you, the dictionary meaning of promise is:
''-a sign of future success
-to say or give one's word
-to say or give one's assurance that one will or will not do something.''
When you say things like
'i will call you, i'll call you tomorrow, i'ld clean the mess up, i will always make you happy, i will always love you, i will love you for the rest of my life'
Well NEWS FLASH those are not just mere words they are PROMISES and they are not made to be broken...
what are the effects of breaking promises??
The one and most important effect is you the breaker would not be trustworthy and the breakee would be unhappy and would find it hard to trust people
I won't act all innocent like am not guilty of breaking promises i am! In short everyone is guilty, and am putting this as a reminder to remind myself that i have to remember not to break promises anymore because its improtant we all know the significance of the things that come out of our mouth and if that promise has mistakenly slipped out please endevour to follow it through and if you know you can't 'DONT SAY THE WORD'