Can you help me say "Thank You" to my folks?

Posted by Tomi O on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 with 23 comments
Hello people,

I have come to ask a favour today. I mentioned in my 2013 review that December didn't go exactly as it was planned.


My younger sister had an accident on the 10th of December and when it happened my dad was away on a trip and my mum kicked into action. The only time i've seen her like that was when her dad died (which happened in the midnight) and used the little credit on her phone to literally call their whole family - and boy are they large - her strategy was call, drop the "bomb" then cut the phone and they called back... genius right? I digress

I saw my mum the next day after the accident, she hadn't changed her cloth, the bread she was supposed to eat was still in her bag and she is going up and down paying for this, paying for that and if you know all these hospitals well, where you pay is not where you will collect receipt all the while constantly checking her baby in the emergency ward.

3 hospitals and one surgery later, Jan 10 (Exactly a month), my sister was discharged from the hospital and my mum was there everyday by her side and I must say that I love how my sister was so positive through it all. She said the most hilarious things in the most critical state, Like one hospital when they wanted to turn us away and my aunt was already tearing up my sis was saying really hilarious stuff. Bless her soul.
She did this one on her hospital bed
Love the positive attitude 

















She got back to school and my dad will go back and forth to the school to sort out her admission and making sure that she is comfortable there.

Now, to my favour. One day my sister pinged me and said "I cry everytime mummy says the story of when I was in the hospital, she did so much and I don't know how to say Thank you" after my "Awwww-ing" and smiling I told her that she can only Love her, pray for her and do her proud and there is no "Thank you" better than that.








But then I also wanted to do this because I understand what we all went through in that period and I want to publicly say a huge "Thank you" to my parents for being a caretaker of Toyosi. Only God can reward their efforts honestly.

Please, I also need you to drop a sincere "Thank you" to my parents(My mum reads). Thank you and God bless you!!


Have you come to an end of yourself? Have you come to a point where nothing else seems to be working out and you've tried all you could? Click to meet GRACE
Categories: , ,