Are you Paradoxical?

Posted by Tomi O on Monday, November 24, 2014 with 5 comments
Hello Everyone,

Thank you ALL for the words of encouragement in my last post I really do appreciate it.  Now unto the marra of the day.
[Source]

I am not one to speak plenty grammar. I like to keep things simple and straight to the point anything to avoid complexity. I understand abit of grammar not the obahiagbon kind, but you get my drift. I have a walking encyclopaedia (As I like to call her) as a sister and any time I encounter any big words or I need a correct spelling, I consult her. But she wasn't around the day I heard this big grammar.

One of the ladies during our Immerse white glam get-together mentioned ¨Paradoxical¨ as she was trying to describe herself and as I was still trying to process what that word meant another lady asked ¨Please what does it mean?¨  and she went ahead to say the meaning as being ¨Contradictory¨ Over the next weeks I pondered more on the word which was now etched in my sub-conscious.

What exactly does the word mean? 

paradoxical
ˌparəˈdɒksɪk(ə)l/
adjective
  1. seemingly absurd or self-contradictory.

Then I wondered some more how I have been paradoxical in my life, believing one thing and not necessarily acting it out. Like I am a follower of Jesus and I do believe in him and all that he says but when I look in my life and try to see what I live out when the chips are down theeen there is a huge question mark. 

Its easy to be 'good' on sunday, but what are you doing on Monday? 

I also looked around me and see other people like me in the ''Christian¨ Category that do somethings then I begin to question 'Is she really a Christian?' but as much as I point the accusing/judgemental finger, I have 3 pointing back at me. 

I ask myself, does my actions or inaction as the case my be reflect the Jesus I follow? Can people that interact with me during the week vouch for me as much as my Sunday peeps can? or even more than? Can I say 'follow me as I follow Christ and people will gladly oblige?' In all honesty, I have pulled down a post -Which I might put up later - because If I answered sincerely I knew my answer on somethings was 'No'

I have been looking and thinking of what and what to help me in this and during Thursday sermon in church which was talking about the truth about grace, I got my answer although its a popular verse it came to me in a different light. 

¨I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.¨ Gal 5:16

Which screams to me that all I have to do is walk in the spirit and all the fleshy lust will not be fulfilled even with simple things as getting/staying angry, getting jealous, speaking against someone, treating people right, having compassion etc.    

My question to you is this: Are your beliefs in Christ reflecting in the way you live or are you paradoxical?