Lights and Shadows 1

Posted by Tomi O on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 with 14 comments

"When God is ready to unearth your excesses, he leaves no shadow unlit" ~ Tomilola


We serve a God of light, why should there be any darkness in us? I can't say my soul is 100% light now, but I am being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in me* will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ [Philippians 1:6 *Text altered]

When we do realise that this journey to perfection is not ours to "struggle" through, we have a comfort and peace and it starts making sense.

Since we stand for truth At the foot of the hill I will go ahead to tell you one, the last #TruthSeries was my story. I had started writing it a while ago and as I wrote about 2 lines, I stopped with tears in my eyes I just said "I can't do this Lord" and I just gave up, but I knew I was supposed to write it.

I totally forgot about it, but God was definitely working behind the scenes. The day I finally wrote it (Series of God-incidence lead up to that) I wrote it without a single tear. God had gotten me ready for that moment (I had no idea)

That same week, I had a conversation with my sister that lead up to the talk about my Dad and there and then God really opened our eyes to exactly what the problem was. 

Us!

Up until this moment, we had someone we called Daddy but God made us realise that we really had a father. I can't and don't want to go into his excesses (Thats not the purpose of this) but we acted to him based on the knowledge of his imperfections that we knew about.

Growing up, I had a father that would wake us up either by sprinkling water on us or touching our faces with his wet hand, then carry you into the bathroom, bath you and dress you up for school and some saturdays cooked for us. 
We grew up and got to the knowledge that he wasn't prefect and saw all his weaknesses and got mad that he wasn't as perfect as we thought in our early years.

Whats my point? I'm getting to it. Stay with me :)

After the conversation and prayer with my sister, we decided to let God help us make the conscious effort to show him Love and genuinely be interested. I then had a conversation with him, normally, i would sit there and try to get myself off the 'hook' in minutes to go back to whatever I was doing but this time, I was happy to actually sit and talk to him and really want to just kick myself for depriving me of a good relationship with him.
I can categorically say that I have one of the coolest dads in the world and all I did was listen. I didn't even do a lot of the talking. In one night I found out alot of things about him that I didn't know about  before now, Imagine if I had utilised my years with him? sigh.

But I am grateful, its better late than never right?
This brings me to the question I want to ask, How many times have we stopped looking at the good aspects of the people in our lives and capitalize on their weaknesses and act to them according to that?

Please, lets search hearts. I cannot promise you that the hard truth will be easy to face but its worth it. 
God is still shining his light to unearth all the darkness in me, this is my experience and I hope the spirit will prompt you to take a good look at all your relationships and make conscious effort to change things and for a change notice the wonderful qualities of that person.

And above all let God shed his light on your inner shadows!




Have you come to an end of yourself? Have you come to a point where nothing else seems to be working out and you've tried all you could? Click to meet GRACE
Categories: ,