Staying on track is not a walk in the park

Posted by Tomi O on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 with 13 comments
"I may not get what/be where i want - yet - but I am sure I want to be yours" ~ Tomilola [May 2013]
[source]

One of the questions I've heard the most in the last months is "Why did you cut your hair again?" since my reason is in line with what the title of the post decided to share. Here are excerpts from my journal entry for the 18th of May, 2013 (The day I cut my hair)

"I want to be mad at you for letting me be here at this time and not answering my prayers, day after day, night after night but I remember that I made a decision to follow you regardless of whether you grant my request or not and I am reminded today.

So, I'm going to say this again and I am going to cut my hair today to remind me of this decision - I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE - No matter how bad I feel

I may not get what/be where I want - yet- but i'm sure I wan't to be yours and thats good enough"

There were alot of things that were not going right in my life at the time and I prayed about them and it just felt like nothing was happening, this was part of what I could scribble down to God and then I after a couple of months or so, I reached out to madam Salt because I needed to talk to an older person that would understand, and I really don't know why my heart spoke to her at the time (but I know now)

I was also having a conversation with Ibukun a while ago and we talked about how it was so easy to do what was wrong as against walking with God and doing what is right or living according to the word, came to the conclusion that we do right because we know to do right, end off.

There are so many temptations to just slip and "go with the flow" of the world but We are not of this world are we? [John 15:19]

How does this connect with my hair? I'm sure you know by now.
Its so easy to take the shortcut because your friends won't stop calling you SU or making jest of the choices you make in obedience to God, its so easy to conform to the worlds way of doing well because majority carries the vote, yes its easy but is it profitable?

I was beginning to forget, so (almost) everytime the wind blows on my scalp I am reminded that "although, Its not easy but I'm in this with you" then after I read True confessions I then understood what I was even doing, I was becoming a Knower instead of a Feeler.

Now, If we are honest with ourselves, we would admit that our flesh and feelings get in the way of our right living which makes it difficult IF we are trying in our strength.

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come" [John 16:13]
and what's the truth?

Truth = Jesus

The Devil operates via our physical senses, our feelings, what we can see, taste, hear, smell or feel but God operates through faith in him and "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God" [Romans 10: 17]

How does staying on track become a walk in the park? By believing what we know from the word of God, when we make the concious effort to be KNOWERS, you will give even when you don't feel like it, you will keep your mouth shut when you just want to yell curse words at the unruly driver, you will show Gods love to someone that you should consider enemy, basically You start living right and stop being tossed around by our feelings and emotions (which are inconsistent btw) and you start to be motivated by the Truth in the word of God (which never changes)

Once again, are you going to join me to live like a knower?

Have you come to an end of yourself? Have you come to a point where nothing else seems to be working out and you've tried all you could? Click to meet GRACE