When God steps in

Posted by Tomi O on Wednesday, November 27, 2013 with 6 comments
[source]

We strive and strive for a lot of things all to no avail, we stumble, fall then rise again and become philosophers dishing out quotes, as much as there is nothing wrong with failing with the way the world works, because we live in a world that people go on and on about "I'm a Hustler" but I serve a God that says "There remaineth a  rest for the people of God" [Hebrew 4:9] and we should "Labour to enter into the rest [Hebrews 4:11]

Even before I listened to Joseph Prince [Click to listen to the sermon] hammer it in my head or even knew it was in the Bible, I always knew it that hustling as a child of God just didn't make sense to me. Ever heard of the daughter of a king hustling? (Not the prodigal one) I thought so too.

When I was about to finish NYSC I was speaking to a guy that had passed out a batch before me, he kept saying that I should be ready to hustle that It wasn't easy, I vividly remember telling him that as for me oh, I won't hustle he just Yimu-ed at me.

When I got home from NYSC, My mother and father kept knocking it in my head (as it looked like I wasn't doing anything about my joblessness) to apply for Jobs and what not, I really wasn't doing much - really I had no idea what the heck I was doing, but I just knew down in my spirit that I won't be hustling and worrying over getting a Job because I have a father that is "I AM" Ever wondered why that name seems incomplete? Yes, because He is what you need him to be. I digress.

See, I got it in my spirit, even before I found where it was in the Bible, that the daughter of a king doesn't hustle, she's got everything taken care of by her father and thats exactly what God has done, remember "It is finished" DONE! Paid in Blood!!

I know I said "When God steps in" but really it should be "When you've realised God has stepped in" then you realise how much further you can go. Are you weak? Its not a strength problem, Its an ignorance problem.
Every problem is an Ignorance problem.
"And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free" [John 8:32] and who or what is the truth? [John 14:6] I am the way, the truth and the life. I have stepped in.
God spoke to Moses at the red sea why do you cry to me, speak to the people, move forward, stretch your rod (paraphrased) [Ex 14:15-16] God had already stepped in, He just needed to realise it.

Another example (The one that made me write this) I found out is Elijah in 1 kings 19:4 "while he HIMSELF went a day’s journey into the wilderness. He came to a broom bush, sat down under it and prayed that he might die. “I have had enough, Lord,” he said. “Take my life; I am no better than my ancestors"

Just one day and he was ready for his life to be taken from him, notice that God didn't reply his request and he just stepped in, on a second thought Elijah realised that God was there If not he won't be speaking to him right?
But when he started his journey "He HIMSELF WENT" but God doesn't want that, Elijah came to an end of himself and God in his Love and mercy showed himself. In the next verse the angel visited him and said "Arise and eat; because the journey is too great for thee but its not for God"
Halleluyah!!!
The next verse states that he went for 40days and 40 nights in the strength of that meat, One day in his strength (Hustling) and 40 days and 40 nights in the strength of Gods meat (Rest) Now imagine Elijah acknowledging from the beginning of his journey that God had stepped in, won't he have saved himself the emotional stress?

No detail in the Bible is misplaced - Its getting evident to me by the day - there is no coincidence with God, every little detail is as good as the truth as every BIG miracle recorded in the word.

I'm getting over the too-good-to-be-true phase of learning of the Gospel of Jesus and about the Grace of God. Unlearning religious ways, Believing and walking in the truth and the holy spirit has been my ever present help. There are days I cry because unlearning is not easy but then I lean into the comforter and he comforts me.

Yes! There remaineth a rest for the people of God and he wants us to live in the consciousness of that rest and live our lives from that restful place, that why he says labour to enter into that rest - this doesn't mean being lazy or not getting a Job or whatever anyone wants to pervert the word of God as, It simply means acknowledge his presence and do your work in his strength.

Its a state of knowing the truth in the word of God, where you are not trying to earn nothing. You are just basking in the euphoria of being a child of the most high (not a care in the world) doing your Job in the knowledge, raising your kids in the knowledge, attending classes in the knowledge, basically, going through life with the acknowledgement of the truth of his finished works.

Ready to join me to walk with the knowledge that God has stepped in?

Have you come to an end of yourself? Have you come to a point where nothing else seems to be working out and you've tried all you could? Click to meet GRACE