¨That is just how I am, Don't try to change me¨

Posted by Tomi O on Wednesday, September 03, 2014 with 19 comments
-_-

Can I be brutally honest? Please, permit me.

I have heard alot of people say and I am sure i’ve said it also at some point.

¨That is just who I am, you either accept it or you don’t’’


‘’If you Love me, you will take me as I am and not try to change me¨
Even for the better? 
Or something along those lines, and for a while this was cool and normal to say. I particularly have a friend that says this but I am coming to an understanding that because ¨That’s how I am¨ shouldn't be an excuse for me to stay in a mess or an excuse to not change my bad behaviour.

Now, We have a sin nature. Should I now say ¨This is just who I am¨ everytime I sin? and that should be my excuse to stay sinning? or you have an anger issue and your excuse for everytime you lose it is ¨That’s just who I am¨ even to an average person it should sound ridiculous and the Bible says in [Romans 6:1-2 ¨What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?¨]

We are called to live the life of Christ [ Gal 2:20 ]. I repent from saying things like this, because we believers will keep saying things like this until it becomes only what we know and live by. How then can we be separate?

I am in no way saying that you should be perfect and that is exactly the point.

let me explain.

The Life that you now live is Christ and NO! this is not just how you are, incase you’ve forgotten let me remind you of who you are…

You are the daughter/son of a King...A joint heir with Christ...God’s representative...A royal priesthood...A peculiar nation...You’re Loved..You’re seated with Christ...Clothed with righteousness…

You’re all that and so much more. I mean YOU HAVE THE LIFE OF CHRIST IN YOU C’mon!
Its time we start living like that.
It’s not just who you are but who you are in Christ. And when a loved one sees you and sees that who you really are and your current reality doesn’t reflect that, they help to bring you up to that image of Christ. [Proverbs 27:17]

So, you won’t keep saying ¨If you Love me, you won’t try to change me¨ but understand that just as God loves us so much that he won’t leave us the way he met us, your loved ones are also trying to bring out the best in you.
 You don't want someone that genuinely loves you.

Stop playing defence.
Trust the God in them.
Trust God.

Be transformed into his image [ And our faces are not covered. We all show the Lord’s glory, and we are being changed to be like him. This change in us brings more and more glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Cor 3:18]

….and contrary to popular opinion That’s not just the way you are!!



Have you come to an end of yourself? Have you come to a point where nothing else seems to be working out and you've tried all you could? Click to meet GRACE