''For the first time I prayed out loud'' My God & I with Wale

Posted by Tomi O on Sunday, September 28, 2014 with 7 comments
FH: Tell us about you.

I'm a vibrant, energetic and young boy called Wale. A graduate of Crawford University, lover of Christ because I believe there is no-one like HIM.

FH: When did you give your life to Christ?


That was 2011, at a revival service in my school.

FH: What were the events that led up to making the decision?

Somethings just happen and you don't have explanation for them. Like the word said in Galatians 1:15 - called me by his grace. That was the time I had to surrender all to Him, commit my life to Him fully. The minister was preaching and it felt like it was for me, for the first time I PRAYED OUT LOUD.

FH:  What challenges have you experienced in your walk with God?

A lot, like backsliding, wanting to do those old habits. I use to go out drinking alcohol with my friends before salvation, afterwards, you look weird to them like 'is this guy alright'.

FH: What practical steps did you take to deal with them? 

I was weak then, I lacked orientation let me say; I had no mentor - I felt it was just about living a good life, having good habit basically it was like rule of morality for me. So, it wasn't helping but I had an encounter with a friend who understands walking with God. Now, I deal with them by reading the word, meditating on it. David said my heart is fixed and I'll sing praises to God. I had to be in love with God to be able to fight it. - walking in love.

FH: There are times in our walk where we don't exactly feel top notch, what keeps you going in those times? 

I'm a lover of music, well, have learnt a lot in my walk with God, most especially when you meet people of like mind. The scripture says 'so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend' (Proverbs 27:7) also in Hebrews 3:13, it says 'but exhort one another daily.' I have just gospel music in my archive and not just anyhow gospel music like the owambe type, I listen to those anointed ones that will keep me going like Nathaniel Bassey, Frank Edward, Wale Adenuga, Jesus Culture, Darlene etc
I also listen to messages on the go like Hagin, Kenyon, Adeboye etc, they just get me going.


FH: Alot of Christians out there have the major challenge of dealing with Sin, whats your take on this? and how do you think we can overcome sin?

One of my fav quote in the bible is Romans 12:1-2 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." As well as Matthew 5:48 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect"

These quotes serve has my guide in not to sin, also Jesus said "if you love ME then keep my commandments." We claim to love HIM then we should hate sin.

FH: Can you share the most remarkable time/season in your walk with God?

It's this year, I'm enjoying it so much due to the fact that I'm understanding my walk now.

FH: What is your relationship with God like today?

I can't describe it, it's awesome I'll say, I won't want to trade it for anything. I love HIM!

FH: Words of encouragement that you have for people in whatever phase they are in right now? 

Just think of HIS goodness over your life. God said is our shield and great exceeding reward (Gen 15:1)
Lay it at His feet any burden that you may have, just cast all to HIM and relax. Bro Hagin said 'every God's blessings comes with a condition' and that is we must obey HIM!




Wale is a lover of Christ and a thinker. He blogs at 

www.dieulavie.blogspot.com

Do check him out!

God bless you.