¨I gave my life to Christ when I was 9¨ God and I with Tolani

Posted by Tomi O on Wednesday, October 01, 2014 with 2 comments
FH: Tell us about you
`My name is Ajala Tolani, i really don’t have a nickname. I am a graduate of physiology, a very sensitive person in nature that is why I don’t get close to people easily but when I do you’ll never regret it (never a dull moment with tOLaRr).

FH: When did you give your life to Christ?
I gave my life to Christ when I was 9 years old and I rededicated my life to Christ 2007.




FH: What were the events that led up to making the decision?
I was saved at a very tender age, joined the choir to the extent I sometimes share my bible class teachings with my friends. I didn’t know much then but I just wanted to serve God. After a while I backslided.
In 2007, a lot of things happened in my life that left me helpless, fearful, devastated, a lot of sleepless night which made thirsty for a change. I had no option but to retrace my steps back to the potter.

FH: What challenges have you experienced in your walk with God?
Whao, Challenges!!! Have had so many but there was just this one thing then, which was hearing and believing from the basis of God’s word. Concerning every issue of my life I wanted to hear from God through His word (fine, I listened to messages, read books). On every issue I just wanted to know the mind of God.

FH: What practical steps did you take?
Be anxious for nothing …….. (I’ll put my name here), but by prayer with thanksgiving allow your request (no matter how small it is, what to wear, what you need, how to go about something) be made known unto God. Ephesians 1:16-18 was also one of the scriptures I used.

FH: There are times in our walk where don’t exactly feel top notch, what keeps you going in those times?
What kept me going in times like that is fellowshipping with fellow brethren that is why church programs are called service just like the way we service our cars. I made sure I avail myself for paryer meetings and bible study, iron sharpens iron. It wasn’t that easy but it really helped.

FH: A lot of Christians out there have the major challenge of dealing with sin, what’s your take on this and how do you think we can overcome sin?
Sin is man's old nature and our perfection is in Christ. Therefore to overcome sin, one has to admit that something is wrong. Don’t ever appreciate sin instead focus more on the solution even when you’re still in the act. Put the sin aside and focus more on being a better person especially in that area. Focus on the price and not the problem.

FH: Can you share the most remarkable time or season in your walk with God?
The day I rededicated myself back to Christ, since then I have never experienced a better last year because He daily loaded me with benefits.

FH: What is your relationship with God like today?
Superawesome

FH: Words of encouragements

God is always speaking to us through the Holy Spirit. Concerning that situation, look unto God because His plan for your life is in His book. No matter what you are going through always give thanks, its not always that easy but just obey 1Timothy 4:4


PS: Happy Independence to Nigeria!!! I pray that the coming election will be according to the plans and dictates to the most high, His express will be done in this nation and we will grow in peace and unity!! In Jesus name! Amen!!!