#ThankfulThursday: The Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award

Posted by Tomi O on Thursday, October 02, 2014 with 9 comments
Hello Everyone, 

I hope you all are enjoying the My God & I series so far? 

Yaaay!! 

I knowwww Fredilia this is late and I trieed to post it earlier but...... I even still owe This favoured Woman a liebstar response. But one step at a time right? Pardon me? pretty please?

Thank you. 

Here is my accepting the Award and doing the needful.



The Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award is an award passed from sister blogger to sister blogger, and there are just 5 conditions to be met when you accept the award:

1.Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
2.Put the awards logo on your blog
3.Answer their ten questions
4.Make up 10 new questions for your nominees
5.Nominate 10 bloggers

Thank you Fredilia for the Award! I appreciate it so much. :)

But I got just one question:

"Tell us about a part of you that you struggled with (e.g. a habit, nose, shape, leg) and how you overcame the fear."

My Response: 

I know this is mostly about physical appearance but honestly, I didn't struggle with any of those. so, here is something else I struggled with. 

Failure. 


“To repeat grade 11”


clearly written on the dotted lines of my yearly academic report. My parents didn’t hide their disappointment in anyway and I lost the battle with tears letting it flow freely. I spent the holiday pinching myself hoping I would wake up from the bad dream only this dream didn’t seem to end.


The look I got from my mother haunted me to better grade the coming year. They weren’t convinced. I had ruined it once and it felt like they expected a repeat performance. They got a surprise till I graduated high school.


When i entered into the University it became a campaign to get my parents approval and get affirmations for a job well done, so I put in more efforts to get even better grades and as every year went by with better grade that were some not “good enough”, resentment grew.


A year before I graduated university, my mother pulled up a chair next to me, she told me how much growth she noticed in my academics and how wrong she was about me and for the first time in years she acknowledged my efforts.

I wrote once about my unsung heroes and how one guy (Joseph) just by taking out time to ask one 100L girl about her results and advising her to not relax but take her books seriously changed me and helped me have better grades till I graduated.

“I will give you beauty for ashes” says the Lord, and I also learned to forgive and let go of deep hurts regardless of the circumstances that caused them. I stopped seeking affirmations and saw the beauty in every battle not because I won or lost in the individual context but for every battle there was a degree of preparation for the next battle but I didn’t realise till I looked back.

This I am grateful for!! 

Happy New October people!! 

Have you come to an end of yourself? Have you come to a point where nothing else seems to be working out and you've tried all you could? Click to meet GRACE
Categories: ,