31 Day Reset: Day 11

Posted by Tomi O on Friday, August 17, 2012 with 2 comments
Today's Challenge: Write a letter to your lizard brain.

What is a lizard brain?
The lizard brain is the epicentre of fear. When you in the clutches of the lizard brain you begin to doubt yourself, you begin to resent the process. You feel yourself wanting to give up and throw in the towel. I've felt this lizard brain a lot of times up until now I really never paid so much attention to the damages it could have caused.

Here is my letter.

Dear Lizard brain,
I've been noticing you popping up at certain points in this challenge and in my life. It seems like everytime I want to do something for my own growth and happiness, you show up and tear me down.
For instance, when I tried to work on the orphanage thing, you showed up in form of procrastination. I wanted to see it through but instead I sabotaged my success by complainung and making excuses.
Another example was when I tried to change my life by eating healthy and exercise, you showed up again. I knew I wanted to change gears, but instead, you told me it was unnecessary.
So I see what you are doing and I don't like it. Yes, I know that you are afraid of change, you're afraid of what will happen if I succeed. But what you have to understand is that whatever happens in my life will work out for my good. I was put here on earth for a purpose and you are keeping me for fulfilling that potential.
Well, until now, you have.
I will no longer allow you to stop my progress in living my ideal life. So the next time I see you, I will simply give you a nod and go about my business.
Its been nice knowing you, but now its time we part ways.
Sincerely,
Morounfoluwa
The Song that comes to mind while typing this is Hello Fear - KirkFranklin

...................................................................................................................

You know when you know you've made progress and all of a sudden you take a step back? I broke down early this morning and I'm at work atm and I just don't feel good, it has nothing to do with this challenge, but when I said to God at that moment "I know I'm supposed to be trusting you and I'm not doing it, I'm sorry" It kept ringing "Its okay to cry, nobody is perfect".
I'm going through a phase, and I'm learning everyday, in ways I couldn't have imagine, although I might cry a lot till I get better, I've realised that its okay. While I still try to make sense of what I'm going through, I stay trusting him.

Thanks for stopping by.

Love.