31 Day Reset: Day 2

Posted by Tomi O on Wednesday, August 08, 2012 with 3 comments
Challenge: Take an Honest Assessment of your life

The purpose of this challenge today is:
  1. To force you to own up to exactly which areas you'd like to improve upon in your life.
  2. To give you encouragement to build on what's already great about it
Who said being honest with one's self was easy?

This challenge requires me to state my likes and dislikes about specific areas of my life (honestly, like who am i deceiving right)

Areas of Assessment:

1. Lifestyle (Satisfaction with where you live/living environment, how you spend your leisure time): 

Likes: I like the peace and quiet that i get from living here, i also like that i get to live the independent life, not worrying about someone taking care of me.

Dislikes: Moving to the northern part of the country living in a semi - village doesn't give alot options for things to do with free time (which i happen to have alot of). don't like that i'm so far from civilization, the heat and the mother of all I'm boring.

2. Work (Satisfaction with where you work right now, what you do to earn your living):

I'm Currently serving in a School.

Likes: Love that i get to impact knowledge to my students and they love me. The free internet i get also makes me keep it together when i get tired

Dislikes: I don't like that my boss  just takes advantage of me and dumps all his responsibility on me, makes the job frustrating. Don't like that everyday after my class, i have nothing to do.

3. Education (Satisfaction with your educational attainment to date - college, vocational school and other learning goals):

Likes: Despite losing a year during my secondary school years, my education is so fast - and i love it. I love what i went to spent 4 years learning more about. Computers.

Dislikes: As much as i worked so hard to make up for my first year in college, i didn't make a 2nd class upper, i've stopped beating myself up over it (If you reading this and you in your first year, please read well. Its the most important time for your result.) I want more certifications but right now, i don't have resources and this village doesn't help much.

4. Finances (the current state of your budget/money management, salary, net worth, debt-to-income ratio)

Likes: Love that i have a steady income although small but i still stick to my monthly savings. I try my best to pay my debts (Whenever i have them). I have a "buy what you need, not what you want" policy with the exceptions of special cravings (Try not to deny myself of those) 

Dislikes: Hate i don't have a larger savings

5. Health (the current state of your mental, physical and spiritual health - mind, body, soul)

Likes: Like that i don't fall ill alot. Writing and talking to myself puts helps me maintain a mental balance. i fee; emotionally stable too, don't have anything to worry about

Dislikes: Hate that i don't stick to my exercise and i eat alot. Hate that its so hard to find a diet routines with the type of food we have in this country. I hate the asthma. Don't like that i get easily depressed by the smallest things and it affects my way of thinking.

6. Family (the quality of your relationships with family members, siblings, children)

Likes: Like that we still talk about family plans together as a family. My sisters and i try to be involved in each others lives and we encourage and pray for each other. I love my family

Dislikes: I wish we could be closer to my dad. Hate that we don't hang out outside the house. hate that we are not always together for every holiday.

7. Relationships (the quality of your relationships with friends and romantic partners)
 
Likes: I have a couple of friend that i could hang out with and act totally crazy and it would be totally cool. Love that i have a few friends that i could talk to about things bothering me without fear of being judged. Love that he makes me happy, i absolutely love him and i feel super comfortable with him

Dislikes: With where i am now, everybody is far from me. hate the distance that keeps me from my friends. Not having any close friend in this place has made living here alot harder. I hate that i have not been silly with him in a while.

Tried to make this as short as possible. This is particularly hard to look back on because this is old and alot of things have changed since i did this reset, i'm in a better place in my life right now, so i can only be grateful.

Thanks for sticking around.

Love   
Categories: , ,