Series Of Scars: Beat Down

Posted by Tomi O on Wednesday, September 26, 2012 with 13 comments

I was about ten years of age and yeah, I was feeling like a big boy, I mean, wasn’t I? I was somewhat of a terrorist at that time. My peers where my subjects and I was their leader, sometimes I even led a few of my elders. Stubborn, fast-mouth, blunt, fearless, they all described me. I was a hunter, fisherman, footballer, love-messenger, to name but a few. I was just an amazing kid, yeah yeah, think whatever you wanna.

Anyway, I got back from school that fateful, which I always hated, and as usual couldn’t wait to hit the hood where my subjects where waiting as usual for out normal rounds of ‘play’. Hooked up with a few of them and after a good round of play, I had to run errands for my mother. She was a seamstress then and she had a particular man she buys her sewing materials from and that was where she needed me to go to. The man that sells the materials had a daughter who was like five to seven years my elder and she was the one I met that day. I can’t remember what happened but I remember we had an argument and because I don’t back down, I bad-mouthed her till she got so upset and got physical. I mentioned I was a big boy right? Well, I didn’t consider the age difference to be an issue until she proved it really was. She pushed me really hard and I hit my head on a wooden piller. Lets just say while I was trying to dismantle her and re-arrange her face, I passed out. Yeah, you heard right, I fainted! When I came to, I was already at the nearest chemist and had stitches on my heard. That was how I lost that fight, damnit!!! If I cut my hair very love, you won’t miss the scar.
Now, to the lesson right? Well, I learnt age really matters in a fight mostly when it’s over five years. Let me point out here that I became quite humble around her.LOL

This was written by 9jasgreat