Series of scars: Scars of life

Posted by Tomi O on Monday, September 24, 2012 with 8 comments
If my sisters read this, predictable as they are,they'ld jokenly caption it 'scars of life/destiny. They wont be far from the truth

I've had my own fair share of scars, some from pieces of broken promises (and believe me those (pieces) cut deeper than any surgical blade could). They helped me find a balance between high expectations and low standards, so these days I neither get my hopes up or let my guards down.
In the end we all resort to time, that great healer, to get rid of our scars but I look at the old and wrinkled and realise what a lousy beautician time also is.
Balancing the equation are other more physical scars, hieroglyphics I call them. Quite few in number but each enigma telling a story of its own.

Looking at my certificate and thinking 'I could have done better', then realising how many times i sat blindly through a university lecture or test, not seeing the board clearly, either using the proactive right side of my brain trying to paint a vivid picture of what was being written afar- off or just scribbling word for word from the closest notepad to me.

Also thinking of the enemies i made along the line,who at some point when i was 'seemingly' looking, waved from afar and thought it pride when the gesture wasn't returned.
I wish my opticians were more optimistic, I wish the astgmatism helped change my point of view, I wish these prescribed lenses could help me look on the brighter side and completely heal this scar they labelled 'myopia'

 At times I wonder if the myopia is the real injury and the convex lenses are just the scars, a sign of the slow healing process. I hope, thats all i can do even though my protection from the sun's ultra violet rays is the only noticable difference the lenses bring to the table.

Fools tell me I narrowly escaped albinism, I laugh it off but its probably true, but if I have learnt anything from these scars, its building my confidence to an all time high and not letting these ignorant comments breach that fortress.

Hidden or conspicous, be it a scar from an appendicitis surgery or one from the bottle of acid of a jealous lover, there is a lesson to be learnt the hard way,through the pain barrier.

Tomi akibo says scars are a true testiment to the healing process, I say ''Scars make a man, they are life's tatoos''

Nova