Series of Scars: A Pro-blogScars

Posted by Tomi O on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 with 13 comments
Blogging - Pouring your heart out to readers on an Online Journal about particular subjects that are of interest to you.
Adsense - A Google Advertising program that pays Web publishers for adverts shown on their articles.

Back then when USB Internet Modem was a myth and Laptops were owned only by rich kids - we internet junkies still managed to maintain an online presence by discovering, sharing, using illegal methods and software to bypass mobile network firewalls just to browse for free.

It wasn't until Seun - The owner of Nairaland.com banned all posts about illegal network hacks that most of us saw the internet can be used for so much more than just Yahoo chat.

In 2010, 15,000 Naira was BIG money(it still is) - That was the Goal i set to achieve from google adsense with the launch of a Nairaland Copy (Yes I copied Nairaland), but i soon found my rhythm and style in the Online Publishing Business, this tripled my initial goal and within 1 year, this small boy was receiving Monthly cheques in foreign currency and could afford his best gadgets, an iPhone, Laptop with 24/7 LEGAL internet and an Office!.
Ngbuzz.com was doing good!



The Scar!!!
I'm not writing about your normal Every day scar here.. (with Amala scar as an exception)
This is some Microsoft, Buys Off Facebook, and Google Type scar.. I feel like a version of Mack ZugaBug (Too lazy to google his name) who just lost Facebook..
If this doesn't qualify as a scar in your book, it's probably because i'm not genetically engineered to be as emotional as y'all. Neither do i engage in any form of social or physical activity referred to as "FUN"

Lets cut to the chase, shall we?
Ngbuzz.com is No more!
Why? - because I didn't read the Google adsense terms and condition (properly) - That long text we all scroll past and click AGREE? - who knew it would come back to bite me 2 years later.
Google adsense banned Ngbuzz for containing Adult content (words and images i usually sensored) but when a website ranks highest for the search terms like "Bigbrother Africa shower hour" "Cossy B00bs" it's bound to go down - Blurred images or not.

I Learnt this lesson the hard way and it cost me my monthly cheques which would have been over $500 - The scar is Ngbuzz.com - It stays there reminding me daily of the mistake i made.

Licking my wounds (I hate that expression) i moved on to NgbuzzBlog.com a better Pro-blogger.


--
Soki Briggs
Mozilla Rep - Nigeria
Pro-Blogger - Ngbuzz Blog
Twitter - @Briggz5d