In 200 Words || Photography meets writing

Posted by Tomi O on Monday, September 23, 2013 with 4 comments


The whisper of the midnight wind gently rocked the canoes, I really don’t want to be disturbed tonight. I enjoy this time of the day except for the wind that rocks - it rocks my world and the high-pitched sounds of the toads. They are silent tonight, Thankfully. Not like i sleep or want to, I just want to be still.


Dawn slips in. The cock clears its throat loudly, enough to wake the stillness in me. Stillness is gone till twilight.


“E kaaro Iya Basira”


“E kaaro ma”


“Basira, shey o sun daada?”


“Beeni ma”


“E kaaro Iya alaje”


“A ji bi”


“Good Morning ma”


“Oja ti ya niyen?”


“Beeni o”


“E taa o”


“Amin”


Back and forth they go, chit-chat it sounds. Laughter, gossip, and more market stories. I don’t know who is speaking, i just hear voices. Nobody looks down at me.


Splash! splash! against my very core they go, on the way to their early morning hustle. I am dark here, see i don’t flow. I love the stillness. Only if i can be cleaned.

This is the next best part of my day, The Pleasantries, the laughter. Dawn comes tomorrow, we do it over again.


Have you come to an end of yourself? Have you come to a point where nothing else seems to be working out and you've tried all you could? Click to meet GRACE
Categories: , ,