Things DON'T fall apart || When it falls apart

Posted by Tomi O on Friday, September 20, 2013 with 6 comments
Matt 6:25-26 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

"What do you do when things are not working out?" 
That was the question that birthed this post, and i have found myself asking myself this question(With no answers ofcourse) but in this walk I've also learnt what to do in times when i'm tempted to ask the question again.

A friend of mine took the bold step to ask me this a couple of days ago 

"What do you do when things are not working out?" He asked


In the bit to not sound too spiritual, i started asking
"How do you mean?"
"With what?"
Then there was the nudge inside my spirit and i just said exactly what i do when "it" doesn't seem to work out, when nothing makes sense. I started typing

"I take it to God"

"Whatever it is"

"Yeah, then wait" He added

"And Trust and believe" I said

"Then come to resolve - because you Trust him - that whatever happens God loves you regardless and even if it doesn't make sense now, all is working  together for my good because, I Love him" I added

I know this is easier said than done, but when Gods Love for you drives you and pierces through your being(I've been saying this alot x_x), believing and taking rest in him comes really easy.

If anybody knows about crumbling worlds around them, I think I have a pretty good idea what that looks like, and not until recently did I understand what knowing Gods Love towards you can change in your life. So, what exactly do you do when everything is not working out and it feels like the "forces" are just against you?

[Now, This are my thoughts and its not a take-this-step-it-will-work kinda thing. Its just whats worked for me]

- Breathe: Inhale deeply and exhale, now repeat 2 more times.

- Open your mouth and say this: Dear lord, i know that you Love me unconditionally. Nothing seems to be making any sense right now, the world around me seems to be crumbling around me. Please help me. Give me your peace ad-mist this storm, help me trust in you more. In Jesus name. Amen" and i know he will give you peace.

- Smile: I know bringing a genuine smile out of you might be hard, but think about something funny Like Obasanjo dancing azonto in boxers? or something sweet Like my adorable smile *bats lashes* Or Someone that you Love? Anything that fries your dodo and makes you give a genuine smile.


- Say "Thank You, Lord": Now, you are in a better place to offer thanksgiving, now praise him through the storm, praise him for the peace at least, praise him for anything.

- Rest: Yes! Just rest. Rest in the knowledge that he is God and although things are crumbling, he's got it together. Rest in the fact that he is piling those crumbled pack of card together in its place for you - because that's what he does - fix things for his children. Make the impossible HIMpossible.

"Let us labour to enter into the rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief" Heb 4:11

" Luke 1:37 - For with God nothing shall be impossible"

Get my drift? 
Sit back, relax for you have the creator of the universe working round the clock on your behalf Psalms 121: 3-4 "He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep"

One more things; don't forget him when it starts working out.

God bless you real good.


Have you come to an end of yourself? Have you come to a point where nothing else seems to be working out and you've tried all you could? Click to meet GRACE