31 Day Reset: Day 6

Posted by Tomi O on Sunday, August 12, 2012 with No comments
Challenge: Write a Personal Mission Statement

Your mission statement should be a representation of what's most important in your life, what you want to focus on, who you want to become in the purest form. Simply put your values + values in action.

My Personal Mission Statement.

I value my relationship with God, I want to improve on that relationship by constantly praying, praising, meditating on his word and Communicating with him. I value the relationships God has put in my life because I know everything is for a purpose and I want to keep being a better person and making the people in my life happy, not complaining and being as understanding as I can. I value the relationship I have with my family, I want to spend more time with them, buy gifts for special occasions in their lives and be there for them in the best way I can.
I love nature and would love to hold a camera and see life through the lens.
I want to live my life with love for everything and everyone around me, not neglecting the need to help the orphans. Always remember to have positive attitude to life, take care of myself, dress good, look good, exercise and eat well. Remember, Its life. Live it, Learn it, Love it.

...................................................................................................................

The feeling You get, as a member of a family where it feels like your needs aint as important as every other persons? I get that feeling a lot, and I'm sure some of you too feel the same way, so I travelled back to Niger state today - why my post is late - Let's just say I've seen better days. Brings me to my question (and answer). Why do "they" treat some of us differently in our families? Like you wonder "Was I adopted or what?" Truthfully, I've dealt with this for a long while and as I grew older, I decided to let it go and stop asking myself questions I can't answer and we are in Nigeria, you can't just wake up one morning and start asking your folks "Silly" Questions - You chop winch for sleep? -

Gladly, I got my answer a few days ago and I didn't have to go through the whole "process" I've heard a lot of times that "Everything happens for a reason" "Life is a test" and I was reminded a few days ago, Not until today after crying my eyes out on my way out of the house, it made perfect sense.

Life is a test. God tests us in different ways, now how we manage it is the issue, that is why he said we should ask for direction (Proverbs 3:5-6).

This phase of my life has been really humbling for me, learning and putting all that I learnt into practise. My prayer for us today is for us to be able to manage every test, opportunity, family, relationship God has put in our lives. Amen.


P.S: Someone wrote to me today about how my posts lately has helped her to want to be a better person. I'm so so grateful to God and I have no regrets for putting this out here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Love.

Categories: , ,