31DayReset: Day21

Posted by Tomi O on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 with 4 comments

Today’s Challenge: STOP COMPLAINING FOR TWENTY-FOUR HOURS.

Today’s exercise requires you to monitor your own complaints and replace them with something more productive: gratitude.

Step 1:
Take your Reset notebook around with you today and write down every instance where you complain about something no matter how inconsequential it may seem.
 Step 2:
 For each instance, write down a statement of gratitude to combat the complaint. Think about the “silver lining” in each of your compliant.


I complain a lot, didn't realise that till today, although I wasn't with my book every step of today but I remember some complaining I did.

- I complained about standing up this morning; I slept at 4am and I was tired.

Silver lining: I woke up today, and am grateful to God

- Complained about my stolen jeans, as I would have worn it today

Silver lining: All my cloths are not stolen

- My new students are so playful, annoying and dull (Pardon me)

Silver lining: *Searching* Ok! I get to impact knowledge :D

- I had this emergency clearance today, so I had to rush back and forth from home to work before I could sign *phew*

Silver lining: A lot of other corpers were not around for the head count. So, :D

- It rained, and I had to go back to work, didn't get a bike early, my hair was wet, I was cold..........

Silver lining: This raining season is waaaaaaaaaay better than the hot weather

- Complained about not having what to eat, not having the time to go to d market, not having more options of food to eat *sigh*

Silver lining: I still have food and I'm not starving

- Complained about the light when I got home

Sliver lining: **Still Searching** I mean its NEPA, can there be a lining??? :/

- Complained about the snoring coming from the next room, since my neighbour had this visitor, there has been snoring coming from the room at night

Silver Lining: I have loud music. I sooooo don't envy that guy that has to sleep in the same room with the snorer!!

I know something I didn't complain about. How sweet my food was :D I tried sisi yemi's party jollof rice and I let it buuurrrrrnnnnn and my pot is still soaking, it was gooood, I was so proud of myself!


Although I complained a lot today (Some I can't remember) but am reminded that there can be a silver lining for every complain and we just have to pay attention and be thankful.

who goes back to say "Thanks"?

...................................................................................................................

I had tears in my eyes, I didn't realise till it fell out, its so hard watching a very very close friend go through stuff and you can't do anything about it, especially when its changing the person and everything they used to believe in. Sometimes I wish I could do more. I really was sad and I said a prayer for him and hopefully he won't slip away. If you find yourself reading this, please don't slip away. I do care!!!


P:s: What do you do when your visitor can't stop snoring???????