A Happy Groundnut Festival 21st July

Posted by Tomi O on Thursday, July 22, 2010 with No comments
For crying out loud this is the 21st century!!!now I wonder when do they want to stop living in bondage?? For how long would they continue to living in darkness?? Its so sad… then they want to impose their barbaric tradition on us cos we live here?? Me I cannot stay at home cos of some ‘no-women outside’ festival ooo and besides am not even a woman(at least not yet) am still a small girl and even sef my God big pass all of them.

So I get to work, the first thing I do is open my office mail (something I never do often) and hmmm *drumrolls* the mail is right there sitting in my inbox (duh..where else would it sit) and it states that am gonna get paid this July, I guess my birthday is not gonna be so bad afterall(there is nothing worst than being broke on your bday) so am freaking in a good mood knowing that now a lot of things would fall into place and I canget myself a good birthday gift for all of my hardwork(yeah all of this is not laziness oo try it if u think so!) now what am I going to get myself ehen??

Today is moving at cheetah pace well maybe cos am so excited and since they are doing their so called festival I v to leave work early today so am rushing down the bridge trying to catch up with mumsi then my lovely gown decided to hook a market woman’s market abi sales wateva (am sure u v a good picture) then it all comes down OMG its broken, do I just leave?, am I to pay for that?, why today?, this one that am wasting time I hope mumsy doesn’t leave me?, all of this and more suddenly rush through my small head and am just standing dumbfounded cos really this was the last thing that I ever imagined could happen to me (really don’t rule out chances)..the bottle of groundnut is –N250…wateva here is –N200 dats all I have, I pay the woman reluctantly and am off just like that??na wa oo! am just happy I wasn’t some crazy old market woman, I just wonder where my head would b by now.

We did not even get trouble from the festival people and this is the earliest v gotten home since I started work wow! The thought that am gonna sleep early bring JOY…Call me a sleepaholic if you like am proud!!!